4.13.2009

Dichotomy of the Mood

To be alone, or not to be alone? That is the question.

At least for me it is.

Escaping to a mountain top with nothing more than some chocolate, Coca-Cola, and a Bible is alluring.

And repulsive.

I've had an emotional weekend, 95% of it caused by loneliness. Why on earth would I desire solitude in the midst of loneliness?

Madness.

Reflecting on it now, I realize that my motives for desiring solitude are also the source of my loneliness.

So, how do I resolve this tension...this odd polarity of emotion?

Simple. Go to bed and stop thinking/whining about it!

Good night, friends! : )

2 comments:

wakingdesign said...

I don't like this at all. You can call me WHENEVER!

Anna Lea said...

Holy cow!!!
You never told me you could write. Sheesh!!! Amazing, I actually felt the emotion and lonliness, dwelling on each word. I felt the same lonliness and longing, as if there were sticky honey drops resting on each word, slowly dripping, implanting it sweetness in my mind. Well done young Neely, well done!