8.10.2006

Virtuous Woman

What makes you think that just because I am an attractive woman of Godly intelligence that I’m incomplete without a mate? Who told you that without a man something is missing from my life? And if so, what would that be? Love? I love myself, and more importantly, I love the Lord. He told me that when I delight in Him, He would give me the desires of my heart. Security? I have everything I need according to His riches and glory. Intimacy? How is a man going to get to know me if he doesn’t know who he is in the Lord? See, my Father told me that I’m above a ruby’s worth, and a gem does not seek, it is sought. I’m single and that’s all right with me. It’s not that I oppose relationships, it’s that I detest co-dependency. As a woman I know it is not my role to chase after any man. Esther 2:14 reads that I am to wait on my king, and when he is delighted in me, he will call me by my name. My Lord does not intend for me to be needy or desperate. I am to be cherished, relished, valued, and honored. It’s not my job to convince or convict a man of that. My mate will already know it and consistently show it. So, when you see me by myself, I’m not alone. I’m being romanced by the One who created it. I’m single and saved, and right now, that’s all I need to be.

1 comment:

Shiana said...

You e-mailed that to me along time ago...probably back in February!