3.15.2008

A Touch

On Thursday I found out that I will most definitely be graduating next May. This news took me by complete surprise, because I was convinced that there was no way I'd graduate then. I hated the idea not because I'm just ready to be done with L.U., but because I wanted to be able to graduate with my BF, and roommate. So hearing the news put a little spring in my step, and I was bouncing through Target when my BF/roommate called me. I couldn't wait to tell her the news...but she had news of her own to share.

"Devastating news," as she put it.

"I'm not coming back to Liberty after this semester..."

What the junk!?

My whole day was completely ruined. All I kept thinking about was how nothing is going to be the same next semester. Before going to sleep that night, I grabbed my Bible to continue reading through Genesis. I started reading, but I wanted something relevant...a "touch". So I asked God to lead me to something that would bring comfort.

This is it:

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."
-Psalm 90:14

His love satisfies me. Oh, does it ever! His steadfast love is (and should be) the source of my rejoicing and gladness. The source.

Disappointment is an inevitable part of life. I am so thankful that the very One that created me loves me with a resolute love. I am also thankful that He has blessed me with two incredible roommates! Naomi and I will miss Ashley a ton...she'll never be replaced! 

Ashley, if you ever read this, two verses just came to mind as I was thinking about you and this situation. I know they're quoted often, but that's ok, right? 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." -Isaiah 26:3

1 comment:

wakingdesign said...

Thanks! I'm going to miss you a ton too. We just have to make these next two months the best!