9.07.2008

BIBL350

This semester I'm enrolled in a class called Inductive Bible Study (or BIBL350). It is by far the most challenging class any religion major has to take. It's the dreaded one. You know that "duh duh duh" sound that is usually coupled with something ominous? That very sound goes through the minds of every religion student who hears (or thinks) of BIBL350. To make things more complicated, I'm taking it in a sub-term, which means I only have 8 weeks to do all of the work, as opposed to the normal 16. 

In the class, you learn the inductive method of Bible interpretation, and at the end of the semester, you have to write a 40 page paper on 12 verses (give or take a few). There is a TON of work in the class. You would not believe how great the process is for accurate Bible study. Each chapter of the textbook adds another step to the process. My assignments for this week were only chapters 8, which was on proper word studies, and 9, differences in translations. I spent almost 4 hours on them...on two chapters. 

I've loved it!

I know, call me crazy, but it's true. I have absolutely dreaded this class...but I think it will end up being the class that I loved the most. I'm sure I'll use it the most throughout the rest of my life. 

Anyway...that's all. 

1 comment:

The Lourceys said...

Rob and I took that together in college, if it's Hermeneutics, which it sounds like. He's taking it now too. I didn't like it near as much as you do but that also could have been because I always tried to make a better grade than Rob and only succeeded once. I think the teacher liked him better. I do hope you use it later though. It's pretty cool and could be very helpful.