9.06.2008

The Latest

I'm not a fan of the template that I've chosen for my blog. That's one of the reasons I've been avoiding posting something new.

Really, I've been so swamped with work and school and life that I haven't had much time to post. I doubt anyone would enjoy reading about my drama filled existence anyhow, and that's the only thing I would have posted about, because for a while the drama all but consumed my every thought.

Now that I've released that whole messy burden to the Lord, I'm finally free to write about the good things! Three weeks ago I read a very simple saying in one of Elisabeth Elliot's devotionals: "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." Oh, how relevant and profound. God has certainly been using that little phrase to teach me many things. I'm a slow, stubborn learner, but it has been quite a journey. 

He has also been teaching me through the lives of two incredible young women; Mary and Meggan. (How funny it would be if Meggan's name was Martha!) It's amazing to discover new things about their lives every day, and feel God using their experiences to teach me more than I could read in a book. On the outside, they're polar opposites. Strangely enough, though, I can identify with them both in such a strongly connected way. 

You know what? It wasn't until this very moment that I remembered several tearful nights spent praying for God to bring me help. They are that answer. 

Thank you so much, Lord. 

No comments: