6.16.2006

Beauty?

"I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking." -George MacDonald

Amen!

Let's talk about this struggle with contentment, this fascination that beauty is society-defined. You see, the world wants me to believe that physical beauty = flawlessness.

This is what God says about it: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." -1 Peter 3:3-4

You see, true beauty is the radiance of a life that is captivated by God, and walks in His peace.

The first time I read that verse I thought about the most beautiful women I know, and what it is that makes them so captivating. They all radiate Jesus. Their lives point to Him. Not just your average arm in the air, pointing to the sky with one finger kinda point...these sistas are jumping up and down with both arms raised, and shouting "look at my Jesus!"

No comments: