7.20.2006

Update

As of Monday, I’m staying in Jacksonville. No UM for me. The day I finally got a peace about staying at lame UNF, I got the acceptance letter. I had previously said that if I got accepted I was going. God doesn’t make things that easy.

I was trying to run away. I thought if I could get away from all the places and the questions and the disappointed faces, it’d be easier to deal with. Running to Mobile wasn’t the answer. Running to God was.

I can’t leave this church, or these girls. Especially these girls. I know in a sense I already did…but I’m gonna grab on to this single season and take advantage of every opportunity to grow spiritually and serve gladly.

God whispered something to me in a Bible study back in March: The Christian life is not a call to convenience. You’ll rarely ever see the words “Christian” and “convenient” in the same sentence. So, here I stay in J–ville, at the not-so-lovely University of North Florida, despite how utterly inconvenient it’s destined to be at times.

No comments: